We use connect to when there is a physical connection like the laptop charger being connected to the laptop or the kitchen connected to the hallway.
- The main house is connected to the conservatory.
- The assignment topic is migration, we must connect our work to this topic.
- The teacher connected the computer to the projector.
Whereas connect with is often used to describe a connection between people and it doesn’t always refer to physical connection. If you feel connected with somebody else it means you can relate to that person or that you have a good relationship with that person because you have a mutual understanding.
Linking Words And Phrases! Sentence Connectors in English!
- They feel connected with one another, they understand each other and can empathise with one another.
- He believed he had connected with her on another level, like they were meant to be together.
- I can connect with my therapist, we have a very good relationship as I feel I can relate to her and she can relate to me.
More for you:
Difference Between “Talk to me” and “Talk with me …
List of Sentence Connectors in English with Examples!
When to use FOR and TO
Difference between COMPARED TO and COMPARED WITH
Connect – Contact – Conduct – Communicate