Living Room Vocabulary
- This can be used to cover an entire floor to make it softer to walk on.
- This is like a carpet but doesn’t usually cover the entire floor.
3. Sofa / couch
- This is a large, soft chair, usually meant for several people to sit on.
4. Coffee table
- This is a low table typically placed in front of a sofa.
5. Television / TV
- You’ll often find this in a living room as a main source of entertainment for the family.
6. TV stand
- What piece of furniture does a TV usually rest on?
7. Side table
- This is a small table placed beside couches for drinks, books, etc.
- Where in the living room can you safely start a small fire?
9. Fire iron / poker
- This a long, metal instrument used to tend a fire.
- What do you call the wood used to start a fire in a fireplace?
11. Futon / pull-out sofa / sofa-bed
- This is a type of sofa that can be unfolded to become a bed, in case you have a guest sleeping over.
12. Bean bag
- This is a squishy, shapeless chair filled with beans, beads, or something similar.
- You can hook these up to your TV system to amplify the sound in the room.
14. Home theater
- If you have an elaborate TV system setup with speakers and a large screen, you might call it a _____.