Travel – a verb used to show when someone goes from one place to another.
- I like to travel a lot, I’ve been to every continent!
Trip – A noun that denotes a visit to a new environment, usually for a short amount of time.
- We had a fantastic trip to The Alps, but it was cold!
[Tweet “Journey – The amount of travelling required to reach a destination.”]
Auf Genuss Tour entlang der Sausaler Weinstrasse
Journey – The amount of travelling required to reach a destination.
- It was a long journey, it took 6 hours!
Tour – Travelling to many different places during one trip.
- We took a tour of Italy, we visited Milan, Rome and Florence. It was great!
Voyage – the same as journey, but an older word.
- The pirates went on a long voyage looking for treasure.
[Tweet “Cruise – As a travelling noun, it means to travel on a boat in which you also sleep and stay. It’s like a resort on the water.”]
Cruise – As a travelling noun, it means to travel on a boat in which you also sleep and stay. It’s like a resort on the water.
- We took a luxury cruise to The Caribbean, it was amazing.
Crossing – The process of travelling across a body of water. Usually a short trip.
- The crossing from England to France is much longer by boat than by plane!
Excursion – A planned trip to visit a few landmarks or points of interest.
- We went on an excursion through the hills.
[Tweet “Expedition – A trip designed for discovery and furthering of knowledge.”]
Expedition – A trip designed for discovery and furthering of knowledge.
- The explorers planned an expedition to the Mayan ruins.
Flight – The process of travelling by air travel.
- The flight from New York to Tokyo was so long!
Recommended for you:
Travel, Holiday, Vacation Vocabulary and Dialogs in English
Travel English Vocabulary with James [Video]
Flight, aviation, city, town, urban, metropolitan, civil …
What is the difference between JOURNEY and TRIP