Did is the past simple tense of the verb do.
Had is the past simple tense of the verb have.
Here are examples of how you can use both verbs in a sentence:
- I did my homework yesterday.
- They did the assignment in the library.
- We did yoga last year but we thought it was boring. Now we do pilates.
- He had two easter eggs and gave one of them to his little brother.
- I had a bicycle when I was younger but it’s too small for me now.
- The photographer had three different cameras for the photoshoot.
Recommended for you:
12 (All) English Tenses with Examples
How did your friend go to school?
“Has had” vs “Had had”
I had to or I must? What is the difference?
Difference Between Rather Than, Would Rather, Had Rather …