Award vs Reward
AWARD is a prize such as money that is given to somebody because they have done something great.
- He won an award for best actor. (noun: an award)
- She was awarded a scholarship for winning the science fair. (verb: to award)
REWARD is not a prize. It’s compensation (financial or other) for the effort somebody has made.
What is the Difference Between Thesis and Dissertation? | #iLovePhD
What is the Difference Between Thes...
- A thousand-pound reward was offered for the return of the painting. (noun: a reward)
- The boss rewarded the workers generously (with money) for working so hard that week. (verb: to reward)
- I was singing to the baby and she rewarded me with a smile. (verb: to reward)
I hope it helps!