MAKE UP has quite a lot of different meanings. These are the most important ones:
MAKE UP YOUR MIND
- I can’t make up my mind about Jason. Shall we give him the job?
MAKE UP A STORY
- You’ve just made that up. I don’t believe you.
MAKE UP WITH SOMEBODY
- Mum, please make up with dad. You can’t be mad at him forever.
MAKE UP TO SOMEBODY
- I’m sorry I couldn’t be there . I’ll make it up to you.
MAKE UP THE BED
- Can you make up the beds, please?
MAKE UP YOUR FACE
- My mother makes herself up every morning.
More for you:
Top 9 Phrasal Verbs with MAKE and Their Simple Meanings
Phrasal Verbs List with Meanings and Examples