When the word “power” is used in a football match it is usually used to describe:
- the strength of the football player
- the speed of the football player
- the force of a shot made by a player
- the skill of a pass made by a player
- the effectiveness of the players formation.
Here are some examples:
- Player 14 holds all the power over his opponent, his strength is incredible.
- The winger runs with great power up and down the wing.
- The power of that shot made by the striker was amazing.
- There is a lot of power in this teams formation, their coach can predict every move of the other team.
“Placement” refers to where players a positioned on the field:
- The goalkeeper is placed by the goal.
- The placement of the defender is usually between the other teams striker and the goalkeeper.
- The strategical placement of the winger means the player is ready to attack at any moment.
- The placement of the defenders is very important if they want to force their opponent off side.