There are many different phrases you can use before saying goodbye to someone you just met:
- A pleasure to meet you, Laura.
- It was a pleasure meeting you.
- It’s been a real pleasure to meet you.
- Nice meeting you.
- It was really nice to meet you.
- It was lovely meeting you.
- It was a really great pleasure to meet you.
The example ‘It’s my pleasure to meet you.’ doesn’t sound good because of the word ‘my’.
You can use ‘My pleasure’ when someone says ‘thank you’ to you:
- Thanks for the lovely meal.
- My pleasure. / It was my pleasure.
For more expressions to use when meeting someone new, have a look at this post:
Other ways to say “nice to meet you”