Quiz for Simple Past Tense
Fill in the blank with the verb in the simple past tense (20 questions)
1. I can’t believe she ________ (go) to his place even after he cheated on her.
2. Did you know that Marc __________ (pay) over $5000 for that?
3. Allen’s clothes are dirty. He _________ (play) football yesterday.
4. I’ve _________ (work) on that project before you took over, so if you have any questions just ask.
5. As the team leader, I’ve __________ (have) to make some hard decisions over the past weeks.
6. The problem is that the cables ___________ (are not) wired properly to begin with.
7. Alice __________ (move) out of that apartment two weeks ago.
8. I ____________ (think) they had a dog, not a cat.
9. She can’t keep a secret. I __________ (tell) her something in confidence some time ago, and she blew it.
10. It can’t be _________ (help), we’re going to have to switch out the motherboards.
11. My mother is sick, so we ___________(drive) out to her place last weekend.
12. I think he __________ (know) about the gas leak before the explosion.
13. Can you tell me what you __________ (think) would happen?
14. My dad __________ (order) a new set of lawn chairs last month, and they still aren’t here.
15. They have the funds and have ___________ (buy) the company outright just last year.
16. Max _____________ (doesn’t) care if he lost all his money in the poker match.
17. Even though she’s scared, she still ____________ (fly) out to see her boyfriend two days ago.
18. Yes, I __________ (try) that type of sushi when I was in Japan.
19. They still haven’t ___________ (agree) on how to proceed.
20. They ____________ (find) the victim in the park.
Simple Past Test Answers
- were not (weren’t),