The difference between Affect vs Effect!
is a verb meaning the following:
1. Produce a change in somebody/something.
To have an influence on somebody/something.
Affect in a sentence
- How will the government changes affect the life of the country?
- I don’t think your opinion will affect my decision.
- The south of the country was severely affected by the drought.
- How much do you think television affects children’s behavior?
2. Attack or infect somebody or a part of the body as a disease.
Make somebody ill.
- The epidemic affected as many as forty per cent of the population.
- Rheumatic inflammation can affect the heart.
- Rub the cream into the affected areas three times a day.
3. Cause strong feelings of sadness, pity, despair, etc. in somebody.
- All the family were deeply affected by grandfather’s death.
- Don’t let your friends’ problems affect you too much.
4. Pretend to be feeling or thinking something.
Behave in a pretended way.
- She affected sympathy for the victim although she was cheerful inside.
- He often affects the natives’ accent.
is usually a noun meaning the following:
Effect in a sentence
1. A change that somebody/something causes in somebody/something else.
A result or influence.
- The medicine they gave her had an immediate effect on the pain.
- The warning had no effect on the students’ behavior.
- The effect of the blizzard was terrible.
2. A particular look, sound or impression that somebody creates.
- The overall effect of this sculpture is overwhelming.
- The tricky lighting gave the effect of a moonlit scene.
- Large windows give an effect of spaciousness.
- Add some more make-up for a better effect.
3. Personal possessions, belongings.
(used in the plural)
- Our travel insurance covers all baggage and personal effects.
is also used as a verb, although not very often:
1. Achieve, produce:
- Both parties hope to end the disagreement and effect a reconciliation.
2. Cause, bring about, make something happen:
- He tried to effect his escape with blackmailing the guards.
What’s the difference between effective and affective?
Affect versus Effect Quiz
Affected vs Effected (Have in impact on something & execute)
🥁 List of Words With Silent Letters in English 😍 MyEnglishTeacher.eu
thank you for good explaning
🙏 So glad it was useful for you!