Shall and Should are both modal verbs.
1. Shall expresses certain laws and rules
You shall abide by the law.
Students shall not enter this room.
2. Something take place or exist in the future
a) We use shall for offers
Shall I pick you up from airport?
Shall we dance?
Shall I open the window?
What time shall we meet?
c) Future expression and promises
I shall be here at 7 tomorrow.
Should is the past tense of shall
1. We can use it as a personal opinion
You should go to the police.
You should see a doctor.
2. Use to express that we wish something had happened but it didn’t
You should have seen it, it was beautiful.
3. Should used to ask for someone’s opinion
What should we do now?
4. Used something expected or correct
Everybody should arrive by 6 pm.
Learn English for FREE
- “She said’i shall come tomorrow” (indirect speech)
- I shall not be at home tomorrow. Is it correct?
- The Difference Between SHALL and WILL!
- What’s the difference between “shall I/we…” and “what/how about…”?
- Can vs Could vs Shall!
- English Grammar: Usage of Shall vs Should with Examples
- Uncountable Nouns 🧚♀️ List of Words Without Plural Form
- What time should I come over? or At what time should I come over?
- Why should teacher take into consideration the individual needs, learning styles, and personalities of introverts in making classroom strategies?
- What should I choose? He has broken his arm .
- Difference between Ought To and Should 👉😉🙌
- You shouldn’t have done that it was very think of you, (think)
- When should “need not to” and “need not” without “to” be used?
A Adjectives B Business English C D dictionary E English grammar English Idioms English language English Learning Tips English phrases English teacher English Vocabulary English Vocabulary English words F G H how to learn english I idioms Infographic J K L Learn English M N new words noun O P phrasal verb R S T teach English Teaching English as a foreign language Text Abbreviations tips U W Y
Wisdom is the ability to interpret information and experiences in beneficial, logical, fair, and mature ways. You can be young…
Morning greetings must make a smile on everyone’s face. Nice post!
Thorough is spelled incorrectly
this information was very helpful thx for putting this up 😀
useful article. I am studying for the FCE exam.
tysm that was so useful <3