when somebody is eager or happy to do something. The person doesn’t necessarily have to want to do this thing but will do it anyway, usually to help somebody else.
- The lawyer was willing to take on additional workload as he knew that the firm was under pressure to perform.
- The willing teacher offered to give her struggling student extra classes even though she lives a very busy lifestyle, she was willing to help the student.
More for you:
- WILLPOWER meaning and synonyms
- Willing – Unwilling
- Willingness – Unwillingness – Wilful
- willingly – unwillingly
- The Difference Between SHALL and WILL!
- English Vocabulary Dictionary
- Difference Between GOING TO and WILL!