when somebody is eager or happy to do something. The person doesn’t necessarily have to want to do this thing but will do it anyway, usually to help somebody else.
The lawyer was willing to take on additional workload as he knew that the firm was under pressure to perform.
The willing teacher offered to give her struggling student extra classes even though she lives a very busy lifestyle, she was willing to help the student.
More for you:
- WILLPOWER meaning and synonyms
- Willing – Unwilling
- Willingness – Unwillingness – Wilful
- willingly – unwillingly
- The Difference Between SHALL and WILL!
- English Vocabulary Dictionary
- Difference Between GOING TO and WILL!