The word “sheer” means thin and transparent. It can be used as an adjective or noun, and it can also be used with other words to create phrases that mean the same thing. For example:
I like your sheer shirt.
Sheer is a very popular word, as there are several ways you can use it in your writing:
Sheer Size Definition
If you’ve never heard of sheer size, it’s a measurement that describes the amount of light that can pass through a fabric. This is important to know because some fabrics are considered sheer by nature (like silk) while others are made with thin layers or mesh that allow air to pass through them more easily.
The weight of your clothes will also affect how much air they allow through their stitching and seams; therefore, if you want to wear something lighter than usual for an event—or even just for everyday wear—you should look for clothes with higher sheers compared to other brands/styles on the market.
The word sheer is a noun that means ‘thin or transparent’. It usually refers to cloth, but can also be used as an adjective meaning “barely there” or “very lightweight”.
More to learn
- Sheer Meaning
- Ultimate List of 50 INTERJECTIONS with Examples
- What is an Estate Sale?
- 25 Collocations with Accident: Fatal accident, By accident, Near accident, Freak accident…
- 💡 Light at the End of the Tunnel Meaning [Idiom]
- Similar idioms to “See the light”
- Phrasal Verbs with Lighten
- Lightweight – Informed – Adaptation Meaning
- FANBOYS GRAMMAR 😃🥳😜 7 Coordinating Conjunctions with Examples
- Request for Quotation [Template] 📮 How to Write an Email Asking for a Quote?
- What does SOS mean?
Browse by Category
A Adjectives B Business English C D dictionary E English grammar English Idioms English language English Learning Tips English phrases English teacher English Vocabulary English Vocabulary English words F G H how to learn english I idioms Infographic J L Learn English M N noun O P phrasal verb Q R S T teach English Teaching English as a foreign language Text Abbreviations tips U Verb W Y
- Advanced English Lesson
- Beginner English
- Business English
- Difference Between
- English Grammar
- English Idioms
- English Learning Tips
- English Questions and Answers
- English Speaking
- English Test
- English Videos
- English Vocabulary
- English Vocabulary Dictionary
- English Writing
- For Kids
- For Teachers
- Intermediate English
- Learn English
- Listening Skills
- Phrasal Verbs
- Teach English
- Useful English learning websites
- Complex Sentences and Compound Complex Sentences in English
- Celebrating Another Year: Tips to Make a Happy Birthday Special
- Discovering the Untold Story of King Louis XVI
- Babbel vs Duolingo: A Comparative Study for Language Learners
- Dive Deep into Jungle Book King Louie’s Remarkable Reign
It is a great challenge, however, it’s focused on grammar, as per spoken interactions, presents a great difference between American…
Linker words, also known as sentence connectors, play a crucial role in connecting phrases, sentences, and paragraphs for enhanced coherence…
“wie bei” wird verwendet, um eine Ähnlichkeit oder Vergleichbarkeit mit einer bestimmten Situation oder Bedingung auszudrücken. Beispiel: “Das Verfahren ist…
“Wie bisher” wird eingesetzt, um Kontinuität oder Gleichheit mit dem bisherigen Zustand oder Ereignissen auszudrücken. Beispiel: “Die Ergebnisse sind weiterhin…
“cooler als du” wird verwendet, um auszudrücken, dass jemand als cooler wahrgenommen wird als die Person, mit der er verglichen…